Choosing Healthy Foods
8 Foods to Choose, 8 Foods to Lose
So you’re ready to begin making changes to your diet but you’re not sure where to start? Knowing what foods to choose and what foods to lose can help lower your and even help boost your .
To get you started, we’ve put together a quick list of things to stock up on (and some to avoid) the next time you’re at the supermarket. The list is based on the guidelines for healthy eating recommended by the folks at the American Heart Association and the .
- Whole-grain cereals, pasta, and rice
- Low-fat or fat-free yogurt, cheeses, and ice cream
- Foods with tropical oils such as coconut, palm, or palm kernel
- Whole milk yogurt, cheeses, and ice cream
- Foods high in saturated fats and/or trans fats
It’s helpful to know what foods you should try to avoid. But sometimes it’s hard to remember exactly the foods to choose and which foods to lose. If you’re ever stumped, turn the package around to check out the food label. All the info you need to keep it straight is on the back.