Questions for Your Doctor
Preparing questions, plus making a checklist, to take to your doctor visit can help you stay focused and get helpful information. Print out this list and take it with you to your next appointment.
- How concerned should I be about my risk for plaque buildup in my arteries?
In addition to my age, I have the following health factors
- What is , or in over time, and how does my high cholesterol contribute to its progression?
- What are my cholesterol levels?
- Why is it important to get my down?
- Can you tell me more about bruits, the ankle/brachial index, and how they are used to indicate plaque buildup?
- What steps can I take to help manage my cholesterol and slow plaque buildup in my arteries?
- Should I take CRESTOR® (rosuvastatin calcium)?
- How do I take CRESTOR and how long will I need to take it?
- What are the possible side effects of CRESTOR and how do they compare with the potential dangers of unmanaged cholesterol?
- Are there any medications (prescription or nonprescription) I should avoid taking with CRESTOR?
- With CRESTOR, do I need to work on diet and exercise too? If so, why?
- What types of diet changes or exercise might help and how do I stay motivated?
- If you smoke, ask your doctor for tips on how to quit smoking.
To print these questions, you will need Adobe®
software, which is available free at www.adobe.com